Re: Delete key?

"Geert Uytterhoeven" <geert@linux-m68k.org> writes:

> On Wed, 2 May 2001, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 11:50:41PM -0700, Peter Canning wrote:
> > > Ctrl-Shift-Power works fine (just like ctrlaltdel on an intel debian
> > > machine) for me.  I've been using this key combination since back in the
> > > days when I was running MkLinux.  I haven't done anything special to get
> > > this behavior, but my inittab does contain the following line (I think
> > > its standard):
> > >
> > >    ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now
> >
> > just curious, ...
> >
> > do you know how to enable a second such stuff to halt instead of rebooting ?
>
> s/-r/-h/

I think what he meant was, how to have ctrl-shift-power reboot, while
enabling a second key combo (ctrl-shift-option-power) that halts.

The option I use is:

   halt () { sudo /sbin/shutdown -h now ; }
   reboot () { sudo /sbin/shutdown -r now ; }

in my bashrc, which is not an answer to the question, but it does get
the job done.

And I would still like to know how to define other magic key combos like
ctrlaltdel.

jas.