Re: configuration problem in testing

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 03:27:25PM -0800, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick wrote:
> running apt-get upgrade from testing today produced the following error:
>
> Setting up libpaperg (1.0.5) ...
> Can't locate Debconf/Client/ConfModule.pm in @INC (@INC
> contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/powerpc-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.005
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl/powerpc-linux /usr/local/lib/site_perl
> /usr/lib/perl5 .) at /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpaperg.config line 3.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpaperg.config
> line 3.
>
> I recall this problem was mentioned a few days ago, but I don't recall
> hearing an explanation or resolution.  Can anyone suggest what is up here?

It's some kind of debconf problem, but I don't know what the problem is, as
I run unstable.  Either you have no debconf installed, or perhaps libpaperg
has a missing depends on a more recent version of debconf which hasn't made
it into testing (this is pure speculation).
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/