Re: ADB mouse on Mac 7200

On   8 Mar, this message from Matthew Kirkwood echoed through cyberspace:
> I'm now just a mouse and quik away from having (seemingly) everything
> working on my 7200.  I must say, it has been a pleasure beginning to
> pick up Debian.
>
> I'm a little stuck trying to get the mouse working, though.
>
> gpmconfig won't offer ADB mice as an option, so I tried configuring
> it manually -- a search on the web suggested that I should have a
> /dev/adbmouse (c,10,10), but it doesn't appear in /proc/misc, so I
> must be doing something wrong.
>
> "dmesg | grep -i adb" says:
>
> adb devices: [2]: 2 5 [3]: 3 1
> ADB keyboard at 2, handler set to 3
> Detected ADB keyboard, type ISO, swapping keys.
> input1: ADB HID on ID 2:2.05
> ADB mouse at 3, handler set to 2
> input2: ADB HID on ID 3:3.01
              ^^^
Another victim of the new input layer ;-)

You have to reconfigure your device files if tat's not already done) and
point your mouse-using software (gpm and X) at the new device file:
/dev/inout/mice.

Hava alook at the list archives and search for 'inout layer'.

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |