Re: modem and internet connexion pb, still
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: modem and internet connexion pb, still
- From: raphaello <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:52:01 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <E16JkRs-00007G-00@AppleThuis>
- References: <E16JkRs-00007G-00@AppleThuis>
In fact, with pppd 2.4.1 (instead of pppd 2.3.11), it works on my PowerPC with Woody and internal modem.
I downloaded ppp-2.4.1.tar.gz (looking for "pppd 2.4.1" in google.com/linux), with my MacOS, and then copied it on Linux partition, and installed it from Linux there, and the connexion works.
So I use now pppconfig to configure, with PAP (my chat config file is only a link to the PAP config file), pon and poff, and it's OK.
At 1:00 +0100 28-12-2001, lieven theys wrote:
>When I just installed debian on my ibook2 i couldn't
>get a ppp connection running.
>the solution for me whas to update pppd