Re: I need to configure quik

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen <90167484@mobilpost.com> writes:
> Is there a "http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/ybin/"; equivilent for quik? my =
> problem is not configuring /etc/quik.conf, but how to partition in order =
> make this thing work.
>
> I=92m trying to have 4 of my Flattop G3s (gray boxes) boot without BootX
> --=20
> Yours Sincerely,
>
> Gjermund Gusland Thorsen

I had the best luck placing the /etc and /boot directories on the same
partition. I understood from the documentation that it did not matter
that /etc/quik.conf was on a different partition than where the
first-stage bootloader is. However, it did not work too well and
eventually I made a directory 'etc' within the boot paritition
(/boot/etc) which made it work. Later, though, when I re-installed, I
did not make a boot partition at all and both /boot and /etc were on
the same partition. I was happily suprised with the outcome because
prior to this it was trying to say the least.

BTW, I have not experienced any problem with this set up. To the best
of my knowledge, the 'small boot partition at the beginning of the
disk' is limited to the PC's due to the BIOS problem concerning a
large number of cylinders.

HTH, Elizabeth