Re: updatedb+checksecurity are killing my battery

> > Or install anacron as well as the powerpc version of on_ac_power in
> > /usr/bin:
> > http://hadess.net/files/ppc/on_ac_power
> >
> > That should solve your problem with cron jobs going off while you're on
> > battery.
>
> Great, this should go into pmud, like starting anacron on wakeup,
> Colin's (no)atime remount, ... :)

That's what pwrctl-local is good for, now isn't it?

I'm not sure I like the noatime remount as default for the clueless user.
Holding off on cron while on battery is a good idea, but I won't introduce
a dependency on anacron for it. If it's just a matter of adding
on_ac_power to /usr/bin, fine (a dependency on perl is pretty much what
you can't escape with Debian).

I'm still debugging pmud 0.10 so there's a chance to get this included ...

	Michael