Re: updatedb+checksecurity are killing my battery

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 06:21:23PM -0800, Laurent de Segur wrote:
> End result: I get longer battery life.  However, there is probably
> something I missed that could help more in this direction. I would
> appreciate if people on the list could post more hints in order to get
> more juice off the hook. Thanks in advance,

At the risk of living a little more dangerously, you could try running
noflushd (just "apt-get install noflushd") and mounting your disk's
filesystems with the "noatime" option in /etc/fstab.  But I've only
done this on an i386 laptop myself.

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u