Woody install: Black Screen of Death (OldWorld Mac)

First, I want to thank everyone who's been helping me through this install.  I
really appreciate it.  :)

Now the black screen...I got all the way through the Woody installation,
selecting "Make Bootable" at the end.  I tried to make a boot disk, but
evidently this isn't yet supported on PPC.  I picked "Reboot" to finish things
up, the machine restarts, and...nothing.  Just a black screen.  CMD-Option-P-
R?  Nothing.  CMD-Option-O-F?  Nada.  Same with trying to boot from the
installation boot floppy, the Rescue disk, and from the MacOS 8 CD.  (This is
on a Performa 6400/180, which is listed as a supported platform.  I used
floppies for the initial install and setup, and have the basedebs.tgz file on a
CD.)

Is there anything I can do at this point besides opening up the case and
twiddling the bits with my tongue?

Thanks again.

Mike