Re: X on Quicksilver G4
- To: Jens Kutilek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: X on Quicksilver G4
- From: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 01 Dec 2001 18:08:47 +0100
- Message-id: <1007226528.1622.58.camel@pismo>
- In-reply-to: <EA518AC8-E520-11D5-B316-0003930A3146@isitrain.de>
- References: <EA518AC8-E520-11D5-B316-0003930A3146@isitrain.de>
On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 00:29, Jens Kutilek wrote:
> I compiled a new kernel using the benh source, and included the rivafb
> driver. When I boot, i have to add "video=ofonly", otherwise the display
> goes to standby on startup.
rivafb doesn't work on PPC out of the box yet. Ani Joshi has patches,
AFAIK Ben was going to include them in his tree but I don't know if they
are in yet.
> I tried to configure X using the configure script of the xserver
> package. I set the driver to fbdev. Now the only video mode that works
> is 640x480 at 256 colors.
With video=ofonly, the video mode can't be changed.
It's unlikely that there will ever be decent support for nVidia hardware
on PPC, even Ani has pretty much given up on them.
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member / CS student, Free Software enthusiast