iBook + Modem ...

Greetings Everyone ...

specimen: iBook Blueberry ...

In the beginning I was using wvdial but I read in the lists archives
that the modem needs more time to "wake up", my dmesg | grep modem says:
tty00 (cobalt modem) - that means my modem is in ttyS0 or ttyS1 (I read
that too), I insmod-ed the macserial module and used pppconfig ... so I
think I just need to use pon/poff/chatscript or something like that ...
Am I doing right this far?.

I have been searching about pon/poff/chatscript (with no success yet),
to set the time longer and be able to use the modem. I would thankfully
aprecciate any recommendations, docs or advices.

Blessing All ...

Carlos.