Re: Base system stalls during boot

> I went through the install, and everything seemed to work without
> incident. I chose to make the system bootable from the hard disk, and
> rebooted the system. This part worked as well - I'm getting the
> yaboot prompt, and the linux system starts to boot from the hard
> drive. However, it stalls with error message:
>
> "15TZconfig exited with return value 1"
>
> I noticed that I wasn't asked to set the time zone from the installer
> (which is different from the 2.2 installer).

You'd probably been asked about timezones at that point but for the crash.

> If I reboot, the system stalls with a different error:
>
> "Id "1" respawning too fast"

The bit of magic which runs the further install steps apparently managed
to delete itself but didn't yet copy the new inittab (/etc/inittab.real)
over /etc/inittab. So on the next boot, inittab still references the magic
script (that got deleted on the first failed boot). Try to replace inittab
by inittab.real from the installer ramdisk (just mount filesystem to
/target and use the shell to copy things around).

File a bug against boot-floppies please. I'm just guessing here, someone
from the boot-floppies team might have another explanation.

	Michael