Re: French keymap on TiBook ?

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 10:07:37AM +0000, franck routier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone manage to use a french keyboard TiBook under debian gnu Linux
> ?
>
> I use Sid and kernel 2.4.12 with Linux keycodes
>
> My problems are :
>
> - if I use the standard console-tools, I get a wrong keymap (for example
> the '_' gives me a '=' )
>
> - if I replace console-tool's boottime.kmap.gz with the one found on
> http://www.linux-france.org/article/materiel/mac/clavier_rpm3.html ,
> things get better, but I still don't get alt to work. Especially it
> results in preventing me from having any | or {} characters...
>
> Has anyone a solution to get a full powered shiny working french keymap
> ?

There are a couple of mac-usb-fr keymaps in the
/usr/share/keymaps/i386/azerty folder. Will one of those work?
Or are those the same ones you're choosing with console-tools?

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |      Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com      |
|   `-    |            May the Source be with you                |