French keymap on TiBook ?

Hi,

Did anyone manage to use a french keyboard TiBook under debian gnu Linux
?

I use Sid and kernel 2.4.12 with Linux keycodes

My problems are :

- if I use the standard console-tools, I get a wrong keymap (for example
the '_' gives me a '=' )

- if I replace console-tool's boottime.kmap.gz with the one found on
http://www.linux-france.org/article/materiel/mac/clavier_rpm3.html ,
things get better, but I still don't get alt to work. Especially it
results in preventing me from having any | or {} characters...

Has anyone a solution to get a full powered shiny working french keymap
?

Thanks in advance,

Franck