Re: X on the new TiBooks

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> I'm not sure I like CVS ;)
>
> It's actually a bitkeeper tree locally (just a child of ppc bk _devel),
> and most changes get regulary pushed to those main PPC trees, so there
> you get the history information in the long term. The fact that I
> publish my work in progress via rsync is a convenience ;)

...and I'm happy to have it :-)  I'm not overly fond of CVS myself (same
with bitkeeper) either, so I can understand.

> Ok, let me know when you have something. I'm still fighting with 16 bits
> mode & some backlight problems. I hope to have both 15 & 16 bits supported
> by this week-end. I'll update my rsync to 2.4.15 then.

Great.  The backlight adjustment seems to work pretty well on mine (at
least with 2.4.15-pre7-ben0), fyi.  Oh, I don't know if I mentioned it to
you, but closing the lid powers off the system uncleanly.  I was going to
look at it as well, but want to finish the X stuff first :-)

> BTW, side note: There are very little chance that the internal modem
> is ever supported, it's a softmodem, MacOS has a +500K driver full
> of proprietary (probably non-opensourceable) code for it :(

Ack.  Oh, well.  It seems like the really cool parts of this laptop are
proprietary :-P  Does anyone know if the sound is working yet?  I haven't
really tried yet.