Re: Mac-On-Linux?

Hi,

Nik writes:

> i consider it a bug that mol depends on mol-modules,

This does make sense to me.  mol is not functional without its modules.

> and the packages which provide this are modules for 2.2.18 + 2.2.19
> kernels

Actually, I narrowed this down to 2.2.19 only.  It only makes sense to
create mol-modules packages for kernels with kernel-image packages.
And it is even impossible for kernels without kernel-source packages.
To my knowledge, only 2.2.19 meets both criteria.

> perhaps mol-modules-source should also provide "mol-modules"?

I don't think so.  mol-modules-source doesn't provide mol-modules, it
provides the means of building packages which in turn provide
mol-modules.  If you're running into funny conflicts with this, you're
not doing it right.  You should create a local repository of Debian
packages and put your own kernel-image in there and a mol-modules
package to go with it.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!