Re: gdb

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 06:28:05PM -0500, Andrew Dixon wrote:
> > Hi Everyone-
> >
> > I'd like to get gdb set up on my machine but it's giving me some
> > problems.  I'm running testing on G4 briq from Total Impact.  When I try
> > to run a program in a gdb session it fails saying it doesn't know how to
<snip>

> That's not Debian's GDB, I'm pretty sure.  We would never have built it
> with --host=ppc-unknown-linux-gnu (it's powerpc-*) or with
> --target=powerpc-elf (the reason Run doesn't work).
>
> As suggested, use the one in unstable.  Or even testing.

Thanks so much.  That was it.  Our OS vendor (yes we have fired them)
broke all of our build tools.  I removed there stuff, installed gdb from
testing, and it works like a charm.  I gotta say that I'm a little
pissed that we paid these people $80,000 to break our free software.

Thanks so much for all of your help,
Andy