Re: desperately searching for superblocks

> I have an old-world power mac with  swap on sda4, / on sda5, and MacOS on sda6, and I've managed to screw up the filesystem horribly. I see from dmesg that the drive is recognized, and I see from mac-fdisk that the partition table is in fine shape. But none of the partitions are recognized (MacOS still boots fine), and if I do anything with e2fsck I get something like:
>
> Device not configured while trying to open /dev/sda5
> Possibly non-existent or swap device?

WTF do you say swap is on sda4 above, then proceed to use sda5 (your root
fs) as swap space?

You are _not_ looking for superblocks here, rather for a clue (look at
/etc/fstab and make double sure the information in there is consistent
with what you see in mac-fdisk -l /dev/sda).

	Michael