Re: installation success using 3.0.16 on iBook Dual USB / HOWTO

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:

> 2.*.* kernels are affected.  and this always happens AFTER the new
> partition table is already completly synced to disk, once you reboot
> your partition table is just fine, just as you wanted it to be when
> you pressed the `w' command.  the panic is clearly caused by the
> `reread partition table ioctl'

I can say I've had it happen with the 2.2.x kernels that Debian potato
uses for booting off CD. However, with my locally-built BenH kernels, I've
done partitioning stuff and never had that happen. I don't know if I've
just been lucky, or if Ben has a fix for it in his tree.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN