Re: Supported models

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 01:32:15PM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 08:56:06PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> > Here's a revision.
> [snip]
> >   Motorola
> >     Firepower, PowerStack Series E, PowerStack II   prep
> >     MPC 7xx, 8xx                                    prep
> >     MTX, MTX+                                       prep
> >     MVME2300(SC)/24xx/26xx/27xx/36xx/46xx           prep
> >     MCP(N)750                                       prep
>
> Why not group all of the Motorola's together?

OK, thanks.

> Anyhow, 'MPC 8xx' isn't
> prep, it's 8xx, and is a CPU identifier.  Just like MPC 7xx, 7xx, 6xx
> and 7xxx (Motorola's "official" way of saying 74xx).  Debian doesn't
> currently (or hasn't been tested, and probably has subtle problems due
> to cache and msoft-float stuff) support 8xx.

So, to revise the list, I just remove 8xx? Is it OK otherwise?

btw, I got that from the penguinppc pages under embedded cpus:

penguinppc.org/projects/hw/mot.shtml

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |      Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com      |
|   `-    |            May the Source be with you                |