kups questions

Hello everyone,

These questions fall under the "newbie" category, so bear with me.

I've got a G3/266 running woody, with a 2.2.18 kernel (2.2.19 has been iffy
for me, especially regarding X, because I've got a Voodoo 3 card), with a PCI
USB card, which is attached to my Epson Stylus Color 777i USB printer.

I can't print! I'd like to know all I can about this particular situation,
such as, how do I know if I've got kernel modules running around my system
for USB? Will such modules recognize the fact that the USB is PCI related? I
looked in the mailing list archive and found very little relating to USB
printing. There was a post from October 9, 2001 from George Koss about
setting up the hardware entries and such, which I did...When I start up the
CUPS configuration tool I get a message that it can't connect to the server.
It also can't find any USB ports to connect to, either...

Thanks for the help!

Russell