Re: Recent PPC Reiser support & Reiser strategy

On Wed, 2001-10-31 at 18:07, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> Sorry for flooding the list this week. I've taken the week off from work
> to do some databasing and to try and get Debian running on my Lombard.
> Sad, isn't it!
>
> I came across ppckernel.org and noted that the latest build of Debian's
> 2.4 kernel for PPC is 2.4.13-pre1, which is a modified version of the
> main BK (BitKeeper) tree. Is this a recommended version to use for
> Reiser, or should I use a stable BenH kernel?

You might want to read my horror story in the archives before trusting
any data to ReiserFS.

> Are there issues with making Reiser filesystems on Debian PPC?

I don't know if the current Debian reiserfsprogs have the endianness
patches applied. xfsprogs work fine, and ext3 is probably the easiest
anyway.

> It would be useful to have /var, /tmp and /home on Reiser to help
> recover from those battery power outages!

pmud can have init shut the machine down on power failure, or is this
about when the machine sleeps?