KDE3 Compiling on iBook (dual usb)

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem in linux with there
ibook.  I was compiling kdebase from cvs (which takes hours!!!) and taking a
nap...  I awoke to loud noises from the ibook and it was super hot!  I
quickly stopped the compile and then shut it down...  Anyone ever hear of
this happening?  Maybe I should add a daemon that if the temperature in
/proc/cpuinfo gets too hot, it will put it too sleep!

My ibook was sitting on a sweater (so maybe that had something to do with
it....

Jesse