Re: KDE: mouse problems

Roland Wegmann wrote:

Hello,

I have a curious mouse problem! When I start debian, the system recognizes my mouse (MS Wheel Mouse Optical USB) first. After kdm is launched, sometimes my mouse is inactive sometimes it works. In the former case I have to reboot the system (sometimes several times), but then the mouse works under KDE 2.1.1, too. Under X-Window the mouse was active in any case.

Could you give me some help, please?

Does your system behavior match that reported in bug 113022?
http://bugs.debian.org/113022

Also, does anyone notice similar behavior to 113022 using a non-fbdev X driver? I've noticed it on PowerPC and ARM both using the fbdev driver (offb on PPC, cyber2000fb on ARM), so with fbdev as the common thing, that's what I suspect is at fault...

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>