Re: powerpc.d.o -> voltaire.d.o

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 06:10:34AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since tervola.Infodrom.North.DE isn't really useful nowadays, the
> > CNAME powerpc.debian.org should probably be changed to voltaire.debian.org.
>
> FWIW, when I created voltaire.d.o, debian-admin implied that they'd
> rather deprecate the <arch>.d.o aliases.

Now that there are so many hosts of one arch, that's proper.  When we
started, we only had on ia32, one m68k and one powerpc.  It was no big
deal to alias them.  Nowardays, it's not required and useful anymore.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Crap can work.
Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a good idea.