Re: CUPS and Netscape Communicator

"Roland Wegmann" <rowe_gnu@hotmail.com> writes:

> Is it true, that Netscape is only available for the
> intel-architecture.

We don't have the souce code, so our hands are tied in fixing its
numerous bugs.  I think there is an ancient version available, which
is filled with security problems.

> I ask you because I'm going to install CUPS and my manual says that
> the configuration interface needs Netscape.

The manual was probably written before free browsers became viable.
Now you can use Mozilla.

apt-get install mozilla

(Note: the version of Mozilla in woody is old; you can use apt's
"pinning" feature to get the new mozilla from unstable; see this
list's archives for how to do that)