Re: Trouble copying a large number of files to last ext2 partition

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 10:11:19AM -0700, Laurent de Segur wrote:
> I use the partition for a bunch of cvs trees so this is a high probability.
> Thanks for pointing this out. Is there a way to increase inode numbers on a
> partitions (even without reformatting)? Is ext2 giving me less inodes than
> ext3 on a partition? Should I switch to xfs or reiserfs for this partition
> if I plan on storing lots of small files? Puzzled.

XFS uses dynamic inode allocation so this problem doesn't happen, and
you don't have space wasted by unused inodes, like you do on ext2 when
you create it with large numbers of inodes.

reiserfs you should never use unless you prefer restoring from tape
once a week.  (just ask Daenzer)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/