[OT] the powerpc kernel patches family.

Hello again, dear list.

Once more, beginner in the mac world, i ask for your
lights...
various large-scale kernel patches are available in debian :
apus, BenH, powerpc... Which one should I use on a tibook ?
It seems many highly involved kernel devels post on this list,
so that's where i thought to ask for advice...

next boring question : is it possible to compile the kernel with
gcc3 ? i tried to replace gcc with gcc-3.0 in the toplevel Makefile,
the kernel builds ok, but won't boot...
and i couldn't find the update-alternatives that fitted well
to do it otherwise.

PS: i'm currently running benh-patched 2.4.12 kernel.
apart from a problem with the mixer, all goes perfectly well,
and dri support gave me a considerable performance boost when
playing divX/dvds... now X is stays at around 1 percent of
processor use, my dream comes true...

PPS: is help needed in compiling packages for debian-ppc ?
i'm afraid i'm not talented enough to become a developer,
but i can readily lend a hand, some time, and some computing
power.

Thank you, Jean-Baptiste Note.

--
I'm an occurence of the I love GNU virus.
Please help me spread.