Re: TiBook Dual Display

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:58:45AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > There's only one CRTC? The LT Pro has two, and in that case it looks
> > > pretty straightforward (set both to a different offset in VRAM, and
> > > program the modes individually).
> >
> > While we think `CRT Controller' when hearing CRTC, he did wrote `CRTC (draw
> > engine)' and thus meant the 2D accel engine.
>
> Meaning the access to the accel engine needs to be protected against
> concurrent frame buffer devices, if it isn't already (for console
> switching)?

Both the mga driver (for the G400, G450 and G550) and the glint driver (for
boards who share a gamma chip between two glint renderer chip, like the appian
jeronimo 2000 for example) know how to share the accel engine between two
heads, so i think it may notbe that difficult to do it for the ATI chips,
altough i may have misunderstood you, or there is some specific stuff in the
ATI chip that don't let this work.

You will need someone to work on the Xfree driver though, and i don't know how
well this will interact with the fbdev. It seems to work fine with DRI though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther