Re: Has anyone a working XF86Config-4 for ibook2 with dri enabled?

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 12:10:17AM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 21:26, Thorsten Nicklaus wrote:
>
> > Without dri enabled X is working. But with it I fail. No sreens found is
> > the error.
  Hmm, "No Screens found" shouldn't be happening, should just give up on DRI
and get on with life.
> > Section "Screen"
> > 	Identifier	"ibook-Screen"
> > 	Device		"Generic Video Card"
> > 	Monitor		"Generic Monitor"
> > 	DefaultDepth	24
>
> DRI only works in depth 16 (too little video RAM for 24), but it
> shouldn't fail due to this either.
  Actually, last time I checked r128_dri.c it didn't even try to work with
anything but 16bpp mode. I think it would say that nicely in the log too,
but I'm not sure. This was a month or two ago, so it may have been
implemented by now.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
Give a man a password, he'll log in for a day.
Teach him to code, and he will hack his way in...