Re: Palm sync with irda

At 6:07 PM -0400 10/17/01, Pan wrote:
Anyone got to sync the palm with infrared? I'm trying to get that to
work... I have a Pismo and I've been poking around with it, but with no
success.

Sadly, to the best of my knowledge, the IR hardware is not working on newer PBs (Pismo, TiBook). Apparently the code to power up the LED is missing. BenH posted a few weeks back that there was some stuff in the latest Darwin release to make this happen, but I don't know if he's integrated it yet.

Once the hardware is working, software like pilot-link works great. I had IR sync working with my old PB3400, and it worked like a champ. One of the few things I miss about that old box.
Eric: I want to live in a world where software doesn't suck //////////
Richard: Any software that isn't free sucks ////////// rafial@well.com
Linus: I'm interested in free beer ///// <http://www.3roses.com/> ////