Re: Advice on a iBook ...

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 08:24:59AM -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> DVD playing works in MacOS 9, MacOS X, and Debian PPC on the titanium.
> You can play DVDs with the iBook under MacOS 9/X.  You can't play DVDs
> with Linux on the iBook because the CPU power just isn't there, and the
> various Linux DVD players haven't been optimized for that hardware.

VLC "kind of" works on my iBook, but it is awful jerky. I assume this will
get better, since it can play them under MacOS (or rather I assume it CAN
get better).

Also, do you know if there is any way to use the video out under linux?
(That is, outputting to TV, not the vga connector).

the Edward Blevins   <thedward@barsoom.net>    (512) 436-9576
/(0\         mi tavla fo la lojban .i xu do go'i?
\1)/ .i.e'u ko vitke fi zoi .url. http://www.lojban.org .url.
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 70th day of Bureaucracy, 3167.