Re: fn key on lombard (and up) powerbooks...

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Josh Huber wrote:

> But from reading the thread on linuxppc-dev it sounded like some of
> the new ibooks (maybe the TiBook even) like to reset it on sleep/wake
> cycles.

I can confirm that this is (sometimes) the case (not 100% of the time). I
added a few lines to my /etc/power/pwrctl script to run 'fnset -b' to get
the current state bit, save it to a file in /tmp, then use the saved value
on wakeup to reset the Fn key mode to what it was before sleep. (Yeah,
probably not the most secure.)

This is with a 366 MHz FireWire clamshell iBook.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN