Re: Install method?

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm a newbie to Debian-PPC, but have been using Debian i386 for years. I've
> got a Power Tower Pro 225 that I've had around doing not much of anything,
> so I decided to make it a linux box. I also heard about Mac on Linux, and
> that really pushed me over the edge.
>
> I didn't want to wait till I could get a CD-ROM from Linux Central, and I
> wanted woody, so I decided to try installation from floppy. I got the 5
> floppy images (root, boot, driver 1, driver 2, rescue) from ftp.debian.org.
> However, I can't find the base floppy images, nor can I find the
> base2_2.tgz file mentioned in the install instructions (which, if need be,
> I could share via NFS with my other debian box).
>
> What am I missing?
>
> .Michelle
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.
> tech@murrain.net
> AIM:pearlbear0
> http://www.murrain.net/public_key.html for pgp public key

The woody boot-floppies package doesn't use base2_2.tgz anymore. The
installation manual's been updated, see

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/doc/inst
all.en.html

You will also need to reproduce the directory structure of the ftp site,
from current on down. So put the files you downloaded in
current/powermac/images-1.44, and also download drivers.tgz into the
powermac folder as it is on the mirror.

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |           Chris Tillman                              |
|   `-    |           tillman@azstarnet.com                      |