Re: dmasound

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Nicolas Lopez wrote:

>   I don't know. The mixer support is still in dmasound_pmac, it just needs
> to use the keywest i2c bus to talk to the mixer.  I seem to have the
> impression that the DACA chip(set)s are in older systems using the keylargo
> chipset.  I'm not sure though.

Yes, but the KeyWest I2C driver picks up the I2C buses on a KeyLargo based
system (in this case a FireWire iBook), it just doesn't know what then
should be done with them. I can try to pound out something that then uses
the I2C bus to control the DACA (try being the key word there), but I
hesitate to do so as anything I do would necessarily be based on the DACA
driver code from Darwin CVS, and I'm not sure of all the license
implications that would entail.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN