Re: left & right mod keys have same keycodes (Was mouse button emulation)

* Michel Dänzer (michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch) wrote:
> Bruce McIntyre wrote:
> >
> > * Bruce McIntyre (bmcintyre@primus.com.au) wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > > For some reason or other mouse button emulation in x and gdm has just
> > > stopped working (upon reboot).
> > >
> > > keyboard_lock_keycodes = 0      keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes = 1
> > > mouse_button_emulation = 1      mouse_button2_keycode = 97
> > > mouse_button3_keycode = 100
> > >
> > > showkey cannot seem to differentiate between my left and right alt or ctl
> > > keys. Both alt keys echo 56 both control keys echo 28.
> > >
> > > I think this is the `key' to the above problem, but don't know how to fix
> > > it.
>
> Are you sure they ever produced different keycodes? Jens Schmalzing thought so
> as well but couldn't reproduce it.

I just rebooted; and yes, it is working again. Keycodes of 97 and 100 in
mac_hid work, although gpm is trapping the keys so showkey can't display the
presses. Eerie thing is, I cannot say what has changed... Perhaps it is time
for me to build a newer kernel.

Cheers,

--
Bruce McIntyre.