Re: ide disk no longer found (rsync-benh)

> I got the same error on PowerBook G3 Wallstreet II 266, kernel 2.4.10-ben0
>
> Here's what I hand copied from the broken kernel:
>
> Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 6.31
> ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
> pmac_ide: enabling IDE bus ID 0
> ide-pmac(ata1): can't request IO resource !
> loop: loaded (max 8 devices)
>
> Then it freezes. Here's what my working kernel (2.4.5-pre5) shows:

I've noticed it skips ide0 (with hda and hdb) entirely. The only thing
that changed in the relevant code is the replacement of feature_set() with
ppc_md.feature_call() but that seems OK (other than the reset bit being
set twice and not released). The media bay interface works fine BTW.

I'd place my bet on some voodoo in the generic IDE mess that changed.

	Michael