Re: Compiling kernel on iMac for the first time..

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Patrick R. Klee wrote:

> I am also recompiling my kernel to get sound to work.  I  want to
> know what I edit to reboot into the kernel, fr example at boot:
>
> boot: Linux (for old kernel)
> boot: new (for recompiled kernel)

If you use yaboot/ybin, edit /etc/yaboot.conf as documented in
"man yaboot.conf".

If you use the debian kernel-package to build your kernel, you can just
leave yaboot in the default configuration, and the packaging system will
automatically update the appropriate symlinks.