Re: video mirroring on G3 (mach64) powerbooks

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Josh Huber wrote:
> I've added support to the atyfb driver for video mirroring, much like
> Ben's m3mirror setup he's got going in the aty128fb driver.
>
> * if I enable/disable anything while in X it doesn't work quite right
>   -- the effects seem to be delayed until I exit X.

X uses the secondary MMIO and disables the primary MMIO. So you end up changing
the underlying video memory instead of the MMIO registers.

Solution: make atyfb use the secondary MMIO and disable the primary MMIO too.
As a side effect, we gain 4 kB of video memory on systems with 8 MB.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

P.S. Doesn't this belong more on linux-fbdev-devel and linuxppc-dev than on a
     Debian-specific list?

							    -- Linus Torvalds