Re: DNS wierdness on a TiBook running unstable

On Fri, 2001-09-21 at 19:53, Gregory P. Keeney wrote:
    On Fri, 2001-09-21 at 08:55, Josh Huber wrote:

    > do you have nscd installed?
    Doh!

    Ok... With that gone everthing should be quite happy. (Now all I need to
    do is write a network switching applet for the gnome panel...)

FYI, there is work being done on Ximian Setup Tools (ximian-setup-tools
on gnome CVS) to make a "location tool" similar to the macos location
switcher. So you could define stuff like nfs mounts, network setup,
whatnot and their cat that gets switched when you switch from "home
airport network" to "work LAN". I have no clue if it is working yet, and
such, because I havent checked it out lately though. But it sounds like
a cool thing really.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert@ximian.com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::