Re: Problem booting stable cd 1 on ibook2

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Laurent de Segur wrote:

LdS> Henrik,
LdS>
LdS> STFW.
LdS>
LdS> Go to this excellent page put together by someone who's goal was
LdS> to help people who are trying to achieve what you want to do:
LdS>
LdS> http://www.xiph.org/~jack/ibook/instnotes.html
LdS>
LdS> Note that I got this link returned as the top choice by just
LdS> entering "ibook2 debian linux" using google.com. How easier do
LdS> you need it to be?
LdS>
LdS> In short debian ppc 2.2r3 doesn't boot from cd on the new iBook
LdS> (dual USB). All the gory details can be read on the web page
LdS> above or other similar links.

I got it to boot from CD, but after following the instructions on that
page for installation and rebooting I get "Image not found" or something
similar when it tried to boot.

--
Henrik Edlund <henrik@edlund.org>
http://www.edlund.org/

"You're young, you're drunk, you're in bed, you have knives; shit
happens." -- Angelina Jolie