Re: Updates for powerpc

On Sat, 2001-09-08 at 17:34, Bjoern Berg wrote:
> On Samstag, 8. September 2001 17:21  Michel Dänzer wrote:
> [...]
> > > No, that's not what I said. I'm looking for an URL where I found actual
> > > debian-packages. I don't want to download with apt, because at the moment
> > > it is not possible for me!
> >
> > Do yourself a favour and don't download and install packages manually.
> > APT does a much better job at that than anyone can. If you can't use it
> > directly, look at something like apt-zip.
>
> What is apt-zip.

media
 These scripts simplify the process of using dselect and apt on a
 non-networked Debian box, using removable media like ZIP floppies.
 One generates a `fetch' script (supporting backends such as wget and
 lftp, in a modular, extensible way) to be run on a host with better
 connectivity, check space constraints of your removable media, and
 then install the package on your Debian box.
 .
 Note on current version: space-checking is not done and spanning
 multiple disks is not yet supported.

> I cannot connect to the net because I use a 2.4.6-Kernel and ppp is
> the old version, which does not work together with the new
> 2.4.x-Kernel.

http://linux-apus.sourceforge.net/debian/dists/potato/

has potato backports of modutils and ppp for 2.4 kernels.