Could woody have different kernel versions

Hi all,

I upgraded from potato to woody (testing) because I thought woody has a kernel 2.4.x. But then I got the following error message when I used the command "startx":
Operating system: Linux 2.2.18pre21 pcc (ELF)
Do I have to install a kernel version 2.4.x manually or has the message above nothing to do with the effective "woody kernel"? Is there any command that shows which kernel is working ( I read a lot but found nothing)?

By the way, apt could not read "http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-us testing/non-us ..." the whole last week. Are there any problems with this server? All other entries in my sources.list work fine!

Thanks in advance

Roland Wegmann

Downloaden Sie MSN Explorer kostenlos unter http://explorer.msn.de/intl.asp