Sharing a Cable Modem

Hi,

Firstly I 'd like to thank everbody who has
helped me to get my ethernet card working. I am
truly grateful.

Secondly, er, what next?!

I've been reading the HOWTOs but they're a bit
confusing.

I want to use my machine to share a cable modem.
eth0 goes to a hub and is all currently set up;
I'm running telent, FTP, Apache etc. so that I
don't need to attach a monitor to the machine.

eth1 (the PCI card) will go to the cable modem.

I figure that the next thing to do is DHCP.

How to I get dhcpcd to configure ONLY eth1? (Does
eth1 need "ifconfig eth1 address up" first).

How do I det dhcpd to offer ONLY on eth0?

How do I get inetd to listen to eth1 as well as
eth0?

The box will have to do IP Masquerade, this is
ipchains right? I think I can do ipchains.

What have I forgotten?

Thank you, fantastic people, for even bothering
to read this.
Richard.