Re: XMMS + Ogg = hiss?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: XMMS + Ogg = hiss?
- From: Colin Walters <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 00:06:02 -0400
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20010831003954.B285@greyweasel.com> (Anthony Lau's message of "Fri, 31 Aug 2001 00:39:55 -0700")
- References: <20010831003954.B285@greyweasel.com>
Anthony Lau <email@example.com> writes:
> I've been encoding some of my CD's into Ogg RC2 files using
> GRIP. ogg123 plays the resulting files fine, but XMMS just produces
> hiss. i386 version of XMMS plays the same files just fine.
All I can say is that I had problems with XMMS for quite a while.
Upgrading the kernel fixed some of them, and then the rest were fixed
with the most recent XMMS in sid.
For the details, see bugs 96251, 102927, and 97941.