Farallon 21143 autosensing does not work?

Hello !

Maybe this is not the right maillist, but it is about a network-card for
Macs and PCs.

I´m running some Mac with linux and a friend want linux on his pc.

So i plugged in a Farallon 10/100 network-card into the pc and installed
debian with kernel 2.2.19.
The driver for this card is tulip.c 0.91g

Now I have a problem:
Looks to me that the card is always running halfduplex does not matter
if it runs on a hub or switch.
(or maybe the card runs fullduplex  but the kernel could handle
halfduplex only)

But if I connect the card to a switch, I get about 50KB/s data-troughput
:-( with lots of errors and collisions.
If I connect it to a hub I get about 3-6MB/s (what I expect).

So how can I force a spezial mode of a 21143 based network-card?
I can find anything about it in ./linux/Documentation/network

Is this a know problem of this card?

Hope someone can help me, bye,
	Christoph

--
Dipl. Ing. Christoph Ewering    C & E Informationsdienste GbR
0 52 54 80 68 66 oder 0173 566 266 1