Re: Xvideo acceleration: GATOS for PPC?

On  30 Aug, this message from Michel Dänzer echoed through cyberspace:
> Josh Huber wrote:
>> The XVideo stuff for mach64 does not work on ppc in the current X,
>
> It doesn't even have XVideo support yet.

i386 advertises Xvideo support; but it is broken. Max image size is
2048 x 0 ;-)

>> and using the GATOS stuff helped immensely, although I still don't have
>> the performance on my Lombard to play DVDs, oh well.  Before GATOS I
>> got about 55% frames deocded, after I get about 77% frames decoded.  I
>> wonder if I'd be able to get a 23% increase, without altivec?  seems
>> unlikely.
>
> Using DMA for the transfer _might_ make the difference, but there'd have to be
> DRI for mach64 first.

Yeah, that would probably help.

>> Oh yeah, I also pulled the endian related patch from the xfree source:

On r128, there's also Michel's patch from Xfree CVS. Applied to GATOS,
and now it wors OK.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |