ibook2 + i2c-dev + sound question

Hello all,

Well I've managed to get Debian Woody up and running on my iBook2. I have gotten
everything to work (including DVD with omi) except sound. I d/l the modules from

http://yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au/~pfh/ibook/sound.html

and compiled them successfully. I then load the i2c-core module, then the
i2c-keywest module, then the i2c-dev module, then tumbler, then dmasound_pmac.

kernel output:

i2c-core.o: i2c core module
Keywest device found: /uni-n@f8000000/i2c@f8001000
i2c-core.o: adapter keywest i2c registered as adapter 0.
Keywest device found: /pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/i2c@18000
i2c-core.o: adapter keywest i2c registered as adapter 1.
i2c-dev.o: i2c /dev entries driver module
i2c-core.o: driver i2c-dev dummy driver registered.
i2c-dev.o: Registered 'keywest i2c' as minor 0
i2c-dev.o: Registered 'keywest i2c' as minor 1
Resetting audio
address = [D981E06B]
status = 0
PowerMac Tumbler  DMA sound driver rev 016 installed
Core driver edition 01.06 : PowerMac Built-in Sound driver edition 00.06
Write will use    4 fragments of   32768 bytes as default

set_deq looks for /dev/i2c-1, which doesn't exist. Do I have to create that by
hand or is i2c-dev supposed to take care of that? The proc interface
(/proc/bus/i2c) is showing the keywest adapter:

i2c-0   smbus           keywest i2c                             Non-I2C SMBus
adapter

 i2c-1   smbus           keywest i2c                             Non-I2C SMBus
adapter

so the only problem is the /dev entry.

Thoughts anyone?
--