Re: 3ButtonEmulation with ADB Mouse

Manuel Reiter wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, [iso-8859-1] "Berg, Björn" wrote:
> > I have a 2.4.6pre5-Kernel with Mediabay-Patch. It supports the new
> > input-layer. The mouse works on console via /dev/input/mice. No second or
> > third button is needed.
> > But how is the mouse set up for X. I have only the one button?!
>
> I read this as 'you have the mouse working under X, but only with one
> button'. In this case, try
>
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation
> echo 111 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode
> echo 119 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode
>
> which should give you the middle button on F11 and the right button on F12
> both in console and in X (I think at least the middle button is quite
> useful on console as well).
>
> Warning: I'm not 100& sure about the keycodes.

And they do look wrong. I have this in /etc/sysctl.conf:

dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation	=	1
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode	=	87
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode	=	88

/etc/init.d/procps.sh restart will activate that.

These sysctls always take Linux keycodes, no matter what the keyboard is
configured to send.