Re: Re: G4 Debian Install problem

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 08:48:37AM -0700, Matt Brubeck wrote:
> Note: If you want to use woody boot-floppies as Ethan suggests, you can
> get them at your local mirror in /debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc .
> There's no CD image, so instead you'll have use MacOS and Open Firmware to
> set up yaboot and the ramdisk image.  Once you boot the woody install
> disks, I think you can use your potato CD as the source medium (Ethan,
> will this work?).

no, we removed all support for installing anything but woody from
boot-floppies.  because it never worked in the first place.

> See "6.3 Booting from a Hard Disk" in this document:
> http://www.debian.org/releases/2.2/powerpc/ch-rescue-boot.en.html
>
> Before you try this, it's probably worth trying a few simple things to fix
> your mostly-complete potato install:

if you install woody all of this is unecessary, simply don't ignore
the demands that you create an 800K Apple_Bootstrap partition and run
the `Make System Bootable' step at the end of the installation
process.

you can't do that with potato.

--
Ethan Benson