Re: switch from ADB to linux keycodes ...

m> Caution with the 0xff response byte - I think I've seen that as first byte
m> for a number of 'sporadic' ADB events as well, such as regular interrupts
m> from the ADB controller once a second (on other ADB hardware). Plus you
m> sure noticed the second response byte is also 0xff in most packets (except
m> when the keyboard has lots of events to report). Please add some debug
m> code first that triggers each time the first byte of a keyboard packet is
m> 0xff, and check if there are any other instances of this reported.

m> If it works (on all Macs) we could get rid of atong's hack for good, and
m> turn the capslock state detection into a regular toggle (which is already
m> handled by the current code I think).

        Well, I know of at least one other type of ADB keyboard where
this wouldn't work.  The keyboard on my old PowerWave generates
different events for CapsLock:

1st press:    0x39
1st release:  0x80
2nd press:    0xb9
2nd release:  0x80

So that requires a different hack to get CapsLock to behave the
"right" way.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net